Finally Getting Somewhere.
As the title says, we seem to be making progress.
The throwing mechanic is now all sorted, the animations are working, the HUD has begun to take shape with the throwing power bar and such.
I added a tree and a log to the enclosure, and I now have a spawner working!
We are still to replace the spawned Faller’s mesh with the fallen children mesh, it’s currently a sphere.
Oh! And I added a sound effect to the gorilla! 😀
Overall the game is really fun to muck about in at the moment, and feels fluid and fast paced. This is good.
I have learned a lot about Unreal and Blueprints in the past 24Hrs. More than I expected. I’m finding it to be a really intuitive engine.
Left To Do:
So we have a few things left.
- UI – Score, Faller count, Level all need to be added to the HUD
- Gameplay – Need to make the Faller rate and count suit the level, make the level Win and Lose conditions, Hitboxes for the thrown people.
- Menu – There is currently no main menu.
- Art – Still no people or faller models. This is important! Leaving this in the capable hands of our Art department 😉
- Sound – More sounds. For running, jumping, people falling, hitting walls, person returned to crowd. Maybe make crowd panic more, the closer we get to losing the game?
But we are out of time for that now! We will see how things go at the first submission tomorrow 😀