So we get into class. The guys have done heaps of amazing work to the game during the day, while I was at work, but I made my self available in discord most of the day, where possible.
The game looks great, and it plays great! But it has this nagging bug where it refuses to save the Character Blueprint and level.
It WONT COMPILE!
The teachers are wanting a playable build, now. And our game refuses to compile.
We, as a team, run about in a frantic rush.
Kyle uploads the latest build and multiple team members, myself included, download and rush about trying to fix the bugs. But its unsquashable.
Somewhere in the backend, Unreal got it in it’s head that these files were not checked out, and therefore, not allowed to be changed. Even though source control was disabled.
Long story short, we struggled as a team for over an hour. The teachers struggled with us, and noone could repair the broken project.
I finally got my last version from last night to compile, and we decided it was best to work from that, and bring it back to where Kyle got us to.
At spot on 10pm the first successful build of the game finished uploading onto perforce. The project is uploading as I write this.
Perforce is the devil.