Scott Purcival

Game Programmer

Game Dev

Greenscreen Photo Booth

By on 21 March, 2021

The Inspiration Fun Palaces was an annual event run by Western Downs Libraries. I’ve covered this before, but for those who don’t know, it was essentially a STEAM showcase, which stands for Science Technology Engineering Art and Maths. When I first started at Western Downs Libraries in the role of Digital Support Officer, one of […]

Kinect Touchscreen

By on 21 March, 2021

The two week game. It started with an idea… Western Downs Libraries used to host an annual event for kids called ‘Fun Palaces’. Terrible name, great event. It was essentially a STEAM showcase, and for those who don’t know, STEAM stands for Science Technology Engineering Art and Maths. As Digital Support Officer for Western Downs […]

The Frog’s Princess…

By on 20 March, 2021

It has been quite a while since I have made a post here, but I have been keeping myself busy! For the past 2 and a half years, I have been working with the team from Joy Everafter Stories (formerly Kathy Smart Game Design) as the principal programmer on Frog’s Princess, an interactive storybook based […]

Long time, no post…

By on 24 February, 2019

Long time, no post… So it has been quite a while since I found the time to post here – but that doesn’t mean nothing has been going on!Since my last post I have graduated from my Advanced Diploma of Professional Game Development, with our major project “Jeeves: A Butler’s Tale”, which I will post […]

The Dark

By on 10 March, 2018

The Dark A bit of a late post for me, so I will make it a postmortem, i suppose. I started working on The Dark as my first assignment while studying at AIE. It was to be a text adventure showcasing all of the skills we had mastered over the 6 month duration of the […]

The Ballmer Peak (Part 2)

By on 20 January, 2018

The Ballmer Peak (pt. 2) -LAST WEEK- So I took a short break from working on Ballmer Peak for a couple of weeks, then I came back to it. At this point it was early in the new year, and as I had made a promise to myself to release something to the app store, […]

The Ballmer Peak

By on 19 December, 2017

The Ballmer Peak At the start of this year, I promised myself that I would release a game to the app store by the end of the year. I started out working on ‘Tower’ – which was progressing really quite well, however, I hit a roadblock with art. I progressed as far as the free […]